Jandalf, James

The wording of the RFC2109 is unsurprisingly vague, however, in my
opinion HttpClient is correct in rejecting the entire set Set-Cookie
header.

See the following quote from the RFC2109:
=============================
4.3.2  Rejecting Cookies

Examples:

   * A Set-Cookie from request-host y.x.foo.com for Domain=.foo.com
     would be rejected, because H is y.x and contains a dot.

   * A Set-Cookie from request-host x.foo.com for Domain=.foo.com would
     be accepted.

   * A Set-Cookie with Domain=.com or Domain=.com., will always be
     rejected, because there is no embedded dot.

   * A Set-Cookie with Domain=ajax.com will be rejected because the
     value for Domain does not begin with a dot.

I tend to interpret the above stated statements as referring to the
Set-Cookie header, rather than an individual cookie. Please let me know
if you see it differently

Faithfully yours,

Cookie Taliban