Matt,
I went through the same thing a week or two ago. Thing is, what method should the PostMethod use for the redirect? You need to capture the result and issue a GET using the Location response header attribute.

David

Matthew S. Ring wrote:

Hi,

I just started using the latest version of the HTTPClient to screen-scrape
from Rational Clear Quest. Unfortunately, CQ expects POSTed requests and
responds with a redirect. IE and Mozilla-based browsers seem OK with that,
but the HTTPClient refuses to follow redirects after a POST, due to stated
conflicts with RFC 2616. Is this stringency really neccesary? Selfishly, it
would be nice if I could just turn off this bit of compliance checking with
a boolean flag. Opinions?

Thanks.

-Matthew Ring