From: Drake Henderson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 19 March 2003 10:59 AM
To: Commons HttpClient Project
Subject: RE: download a file

I did some more testing with and without a host configuration in accessing a
different port.  It does work either way.  I think the last part of the log
message threw me off in stating http:80 (see below).  So, now I am back to
thinking it is an authentication problem.  Based on the
BasicAuthenticationExample, I assume that all that is required is to set
credentials
        client.getState().setCredentials(
            null,
            new UsernamePasswordCredentials("user", "pwd")
        );

and then set
        get.setDoAuthentication( true );

The null in setCredentials means set this user/pwd as default.

log...

2003/03/18 19:52:02:200 EST [DEBUG]
HttpConnection - -HttpConnectionManager.getConnection:  creating connection
for 127.0.0.1:8080 via null:-1 using protocol: http:80