Sergio,

I had posted a crude patch a few days ago that partially solves this problem.
It basically adds a wider connection pool that tracks free connections,
closing them when needed and blocking requests in order to maintain a maximum
number of open connections.

It is better, but still not quite right. Maybe it'll help you...

BTW, I'm not an httpclient developer, just a user trying to solve my own
problems...

Carl