I have been thinking along the same line. Unfortunately, HttpMethodBase
and HttpConnection, which is a concrete class, are tightly coupled. They
can't be easily decoupled. Another strategy would be to make HttpClient
an interface, but unfortunately HttpConnction is being used directly by
a few folks out there.

There are numerous limitations of the current architecture we can't work
around (at least nicely). Our strategy is to release 2.0 as soon as the
existing HttpClient is reasonably stable and bug-free and move past
current API compatibility where we would have a chance to improve the
overall design

Cheers

Oleg