It sounds like you are using Alpha 3. I would suggest upgrading to Beta 1. Also, you should only need to set the content length if you are posting an InputStream. In that case you should use post.setRequestContentLength().

Mike

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Can anyone please let me know what does status code of 100 mean as a return
from client.executeMethod(post).
The result returns 100 and the subsequent code is not executed. I am not
able to retrieve the response as Stream.

Would appreciate if anyone can look at the code below to see if I have
missed anything that ought to be in the code.
This code is running under tomcat and is the alpha release before Release 2
beta 1.

StringBuffer responseBody = new StringBuffer("");

          PostMethod method = null;
            String translatedString = "";

                  // Create the new HttpClient object
                  client = new HttpClient();

              //establish a connection within x seconds
              client.setConnectionTimeout(connectionTimeout);

              // Time it takes to receive the data after the connection is
established.
              client.setTimeout(timeout);

              //create a method object
              method = new PostMethod(sTheURL);

                  // Set the request body with the xml request
                  method.setRequestBody(sXML);

                  // Set the request headers
              method.setRequestHeader("Content-Type", " text/xml");
                  method.setRequestHeader("Content-Length",
translatedString.length() + "");

int result = client.executeMethod(method);

InputStream is = method.getResponseBodyAsStream();

              BufferedReader br = new BufferedReader(new
InputStreamReader(is));

              String line = null;
                while ((line = br.readLine()) != null)
                {