Yes, you should explicitly set the transfer encoding to chunked instead of setting the content length to 0. I'm not quite sure why an exception would be thrown on a content-length 0 though, if the exception isn't explicitely stating "hey don't set the content-length to 0" I think it might be worth sending in the stack trace so we can check whether or not it should happen. It is definitely odd to specify a content-length of 0 but I would have thought it allowable in some situations.

Regards,

Adrian Sutton.