Maybe someone will know a particular gotcha with weblogic, but the best chance for finding the source of the problem always lies in the debug logs (regular members of the list should know the following mantra by now): :)

Could you please supply a wire trace log showing an attempt to use SSL with your application. Instructions can be found at http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/logging.html There are some other useful troubleshooting hints in the trouble shooting guide at http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/troubleshooting.html Finally, a simple test case is always useful, I think I can get my hands on a copy of weblogic so if it has to use weblogic that might be okay, try reproducing the problem outside of weblogic if you can though.

I'd also point you to the HTTPS guide but Oleg hasn't written it yet <grin>.

Once we get some debugging information we should be able to work out what the problem is and help you fix it.

Regards,

Adrian Sutton.