My impression of your first email was that the server had used up the 4GB of memory. Are you saying it was HttpClient? If so, you must have run the JVM and specified the max heap size to something like -Xmx4GB. If that's the case then this is probably something you don't want to do. Once Java gets over the minimum heap size, specified by -Xms, it will continue to expand all the way up to the max, even if it doesn't need to. Once the JVM allocates memory to the heap it never releases it. Is this what's happening?

Mike