I was just skimming through the updated site and I noticed:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/redirects.html

It explictly mentions 301/2/3/7 but makes no mention of 300 (Multiple Choices). I wouldn't expect any client library to handle these programmatically since the format of the body is undefined, but I'm slightly concerned about the example code which would recommend treating a 300 as if it was a 404 or some other sort of error.

I don't have the latest code up and running here to test what it would do. A reasonable example of a 300 is: http://www.blooberry.com//indexdotpreview/html/index8.htm. I'd be thankful if someone could test what HttpClient does on such a page.

--
Mike Moran