Thanks for the info. I believe you have a HttpURLConnection class which
is a wrapper on java.net.HttpURLConnection. Wouldn't that work to do
POST+Authentication?

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 6/9/2003 8:51:06 PM >>>
Hello again,
HttpClient works differently to HttpURLConnection because despite
initial impressions they do different things.  If you want the ability

to change between Http libraries, you need to provide an abstraction
layer in the form of a single class that handles all the HTTP stuff for

your app and then you only have to change that class when you change
libraries (or implement subclasses for different libraries and use the

factory pattern).

So essentially the answer is no, unless you write a wrapper around
HttpClient to map HttpURLConnection type calls to HttpClient calls.
I'm not sure how much success you'll have with that.  I would strongly

urge you to take some time and redesign your Http code so that it's
more flexible and separate as your entire application will likely
benefit as a result.

Regards,

Adrian Sutton.