I think it's easier to create a custom FilePartSource implementation which creates the events or can be polled by your application.

Odi

Kalnichevski, Oleg wrote:

Jay, The only solution that I can think of is to get hold of
HttpClient source code and extend it with a feedback mechanism of
your liking. We, HttpClient developers, may consider adding events in
2.1 or 3.0 release as a standard feature. For the time being, a
HttpClient fork appears your only option.

Cheers