Yes, this will not work if you are using Log4j. Commons logging uses the Log4j configuration and ignores the System properties when Log4j is present. You will need to configure logging with Log4j. Usually this is done via the log4j.properties file. I would suggest adding a line like:

log4j.logger.httpclient.wire=DEBUG, SOME_APPENDER_HERE

Where SOME_APPENDER_HERE is the name of an appender configured in Log4j.

Mike

Ramanan nr wrote:
Hi Mike,

I am using Log4j.
Here is what I do in my code to set the wire log to
debug mode :

// SET SYS PROP FOR HTTPCLIENT DEBUG
System.setProperty("org.apache.commons.logging.Log",
"org.apache.commons.logging.impl.SimpleLog");

System.setProperty("org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.showdatetime",
"true");

System.setProperty("org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.log.httpclient.wire",
"debug");

System.setProperty("org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.log.org.apache.commons.httpclient",
"debug");

Is there any other config that I am missing?

-
NRR

--- Michael Becke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Thursday, July 10, 2003, at 04:01 PM, Ramanan nr