Hi Quent,

Yes, proxy configuration must be manually set. This can be done using something like:

        HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
        client.getHostConfiguration().setProxy("hostname", 123);
        GetMethod get = new GetMethod("http://somehost.com";);
        client.executeMethod(get);

Please take a look at <http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/apidocs/org/apache/ commons/httpclient/HostConfiguration.html> for some more about HostConfiguration.

Mike

On Monday, August 11, 2003, at 01:24 PM, Querent wrote:

Dear all,

My program is using Get and Post method in HttpClient. The program works if the internet connection is using dial up. But not if using proxy.
Do I have to set up proxy manually in the program ? (my proxy doesn't need authentication)
Can it just detect the connection from the browsers ?

Thanks in advance.

Quent