David,
Try the following: right mouse click on the project folder -> Replace
With -> Another Branch or Version

I have just committed a minor patch to both branch 2.0 and HEAD. It is
mostly about cosmetics. I doubt it is going to fix your problem.
Nevertheless, give it a shot. At the very least HttClient will report
the correct authentication realm being used.

I think you should post the code snippet to make us better understand
what you are doing (or trying to do). A complete wire log might also be
of help

Oleg