Leo Galambos wrote:

I am using httpclient (HC) in a webcrawler. After 6 hours of run, HC stops working and I think, it is locked by some lock of a critical section in HC. The "problematic" code, I use, is here: http://www.egothor.org/temp/Network.java

Are you running on Windows by any chance? It has a "feature" where the OS waits a very long time before deciding that half-closed sockets are really dead, so you can end up with lots of sockets in TIME_WAIT or CLOSE_WAIT states. There's a registry setting you can change to adjust the timeout down to a more reasonable value. This doesn't sound exactly like what you're seeing, but I thought I'd throw it out there...

-- Laura