First, thank you all for this wonderful httpclient library. I found it this weekend, and started to test the functionalities that I want. It works very nicely except I could not figure out how to configurate a proxy server. I really need to access internet using this httpclient through my company's proxy server.

I know the following codes work in Proxy configuration when I use JDK's URLConnection:

------------
   System.getProperties().put("proxySet", "true");
   System.getProperties().put("proxyHost", "www-ad-proxy.mycompany.com");
    System.getProperties().put("proxyPort", "80");
   URL url=new URL("some-url");
   URLConnection conn=url.openConnection();
   String authString="myusername:mypassword";
   BASE64Encoder encoder=new BASE64Encoder();
   String auth="Basic "+encoder.encode(authString.getBytes());
   conn.setRequestProperty("Proxy-Authorization", auth);
------------

I tried to do a get method using this httpclient module as following
---------

       HttpClient client=new HttpClient();
       HostConfiguration hostConfig=new HostConfiguration();
       hostConfig.setProxy("www-ad-proxy.mycompany.com",80);
       HttpState state=new HttpState();
       UsernamePasswordCredentials userpass=
              new UsernamePasswordCredentials("myname","mypass");
       state.setProxyCredentials(null, null, userpass);
       client.setHostConfiguration(hostConfig);
       client.setState(state);
       GetMethod method=new GetMethod("http://www.apache.org";);
-----

It did not work. The warning message was:
[WARN] HttpMethodBase - -Credentials cannot be used for NTLM authentication: myname:mypass

Please help me

Thanks
Mike