As Adrian said HttpClient is a client side library, it is not meant to handle the server side of http requests. Please take a look at FileUpload <http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/fileupload/index.html>.

Mike

On Monday, September 1, 2003, at 04:09 PM, Dan Tran wrote:

If you have a serverside fileupload already written, I would love to have
it. Of course this is unsupported at httpclient list.

-Dan

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Becke" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Commons HttpClient Project" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, September 01, 2003 10:30 AM
Subject: Re: Servlet to handle fileupload example - missing

Putting todos in bugzilla sounds like a good idea to me.

Mike

On Monday, September 1, 2003, at 02:08 AM, Adrian Sutton wrote:

On 01/09/2003 4:01 PM, "Dan Tran" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thanks Michael.  Was there any reason why HttpClient
does not include one?  Usually it would be a big help
for a newbie not to figure this out first.

-D

Hi Dan,
HttpClient doesn't include one because it focuses on the client side
of HTTP
transactions and so the server side is out of scope. Additionally if
we
were to ship FileUpload we'd have to deal with all the problems that go
along with it such as support load and synchronizing the release
schedule so
we ship a stable and up to date FileUpload. We probably should
improve our
documentation about file uploading though. I've added it to my todo
list
(that doesn't seem to be getting done lately so feel free to jump in).

On a side note, I think I need to move my todo list into bugzilla
since it's
become pretty big and I'm not keeping up with it.  I've added that to
my
todo list too. :)  Does anyone have any objections to using bugzilla
in a
more informal method like that?

Regards,

Adrian Sutton.