Proxies usually close connections after a certain idle time to free up their resources because they can not tell if a connection is just idle or if the client died. You should catch this situation and reopen the connection in your code.

I guess HttpClient would actually even be able to handle this properly if the underlying SSL implementation throwed an IOException instead of an unchecked exception.

Odi

Samuel BONNANFANT wrote:

It is a timeout, yes.
But if I don't use the proxy, I don't get the timeout.