> HttpClient uses commons-logging for its configuration.  If you've
> configued commons-logging properly, the message can be made to "go away"
> as you indicated.  Since you already generated a wire log, presumably
> you've seen the page for configuring logging.  My suggestion would be to
> look at those instructions again, except change the logging level
> ("debug", "info", "warn", "error").  Where you see this:
> System.setProperty("org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.log.org.apache.commons.httpclient",
>
> "debug");
>
> do your equivalent of this instead (I say "equivalent" on the off chance
> that you're using Log4J):
> System.setProperty("org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.log.org.apache.commons.httpclient",
>
> "error");
>
> It strikes me personally that the "warning" in this particular context
> is probably excessive, and it should be logged as a "info" or "debug"
> message instead, but only in this particular case.  If you look at the
> wire log you'll notice that the server does not respond with a
> "Content-Length" header.  Rather, the length of the response is dictated
> by when the server closes the connection to the client.  HttpClient is
> telling the truth with this warning that you see, but in this particular
> context, the server explicitly indicates that it will be closing the
> connection.
>
> Let us know if you think the logging change above is not sufficient to
> your needs.

I should have been more specific in my original posting.  I normally run the code with
the wire log turned off.

I see these two warning messages on the screen when I run the program.  It's  most
likely related to the fact that the LinkSys router doesn't really have a web server on
it, but CGI-like interface.

I'll take a look at that log setting...that should be more than sufficient for my
needs.

Thanks for the heads up on that.

Brad

1