From: Michael Becke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Commons HttpClient Project <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: can't seem to supress logging
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 15:02:39 -0500

From looking at the commons logging docs <http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/userguide.html> it seems that this could also happen if you are using a 1.4 JRE. If so, you can either configure logging using java.util.logging or set the following system property to default commons logging to the simple log:

System.setProperty("org.apache.commons.logging.Log", "org.apache.commons.logging.impl.SimpleLog");

Mike

christopher justin wrote:

really strange.. the only jars related to HttpClient that are in my path are
commons-httpclient-2.0-rc1.jar and commons-logging.jar . And I have now I now made sure I set System.setProperty("org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.defaultlog","fatal"); in my main method before any classes are even instantiated. It still has not supressed warnings, info, etc.