On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 22:0
> Using IE browser works. In my custom java program I use these sentences that allowed
> trust before yesterday:
> Security.addProvider(new com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider());
> System.setProperty("java.protocol.handler.pkgs","com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol");
>

> Please read this news from VeriSign:
> https://www.verisign.com/support/vendors/exp-gsid-mpki.html
>
> Am I affected by the VeriSign Global Server ID Intermediate Root CA which expired on
> 1/7/2004; does it help if I update httpclient on my side OR
> to make them aware to update the intermediate root CA certificate store on their
> server(s) with the latest version of the VeriSign Global Server Intermediate Root CA
> and in this case why is IE running fine?

Catalin,
I believe the problem is not HttpClient related. To my best knowledge
all Java virtual machines (JVMs) that ship with the old Verisign
certificate are affected. HttpClient merely uses the services provided
by JSSE and is not and cannot be the cause of the problem. No upgrade or
downgrade is necessary. You may want to upgrade your JVM to the latest
service level, though.

Please refer to the following document for instructions regarding
possible workarounds

http://sunsolve.sun.com/pub-cgi/retrieve.pl?doc=fsalert%2F57436

Cheers,