Hello Oleg,

from a technical standpoint, host and port would be sufficient
to differentiate between a proxy and HTTP server on the same
machine. But if a dialog is presented to a user, that dialog
should state whether the user is supposed to enter uid/pwd
for the proxy or for the host. Most users will not be able to
make this distinction based on the port number. I wonder
whether most programmers can? ;-)

cheers,
  Roland

"Kalnichevski, Oleg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
29.01.2004 15:08
Please respond to "Commons HttpClient Project"