You should examine the the Commons Logging documentation for more precise answers, but your problem is most likely that the logging package wasn't using SimpleLog and was instead using the JDK1.4 logger (which has priority over SimpleLog). To force it to use the SimpleLog, change NoOpLog to SimpleLog in the code below. Keep your other setProperty calls in order to configure the SimpleLog.

Thanks,
 Sam

On Monday, February 2, 2004, at 12:20 PM, Brad O'Hearne wrote:

Great, that worked beautifully! Thanks! Now, to turn logging back on, is
there a similar setProperty() value that works counter to
"org.apache.commons.logging.impl.NoOpLog"?

BradO

-----Original Message-----
From: Sam Berlin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2004 12:11 PM
To: Commons HttpClient Project
Subject: Re: More unwanted HttpClient logging

Use: System.setProperty("org.apache.commons.logging.Log", "org.apache.commons.logging.impl.NoOpLog");

Technically it's better to set the property before starting Java (using
-
Dorg.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.NoOpLo g)
when running java, but I believe if the System.setProperty is one of
the first things done, it should still work.

Thanks,
  Sam