From: Stefan Dingfelder [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2004 16:43
To: Commons HttpClient Project
Subject: Re: Connecting through Proxy

Hi Saifadam,

that may depend upon the proxy also. If it is a Microsoft proxy you need
to use NTLM authentification which requires NTCredentials.
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/authentication.html
contains some further infos. At least that was what I needed.

Just my two cents,
 Stefan Dingfelder

Saifadam Pathan schrieb:

> I tried numerous suggestions from the list on how to authenticate via
> proxy when you try the httpclient. But noe worked. Then i ended up
> using these steps...
>
> /********************************************************************************************************************
> */
>
> HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
>

>     client.getState().setAuthenticationPreemptive(true);
>     client.getHostConfiguration().setProxy("proxyHost", nProxyPortNo);
>                         // proxyHost is location of proxy server
> (ipaddress)
>
>     client.getState().setProxyCredentials(null, null, new
>                     UsernamePasswordCredentials("proxyusername",
> "proxypassword"));
>

>     // Create a method instance.
>     HttpMethod method = new GetMethod(url);
> /********************************************************************************************************************
> */
>

> Hope this will help someone else save their time.
>
> Regards...
>
> Saifadam Pathan
> Project Engineer
> ControlNet India Pvt Ltd.
> Goa- India

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged.  Access
to this email by anyone other than the intended addressee is unauthorized.  If you are
not the intended recipient of this message, any review, disclosure, copying,
distribution, retention, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it
is prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
reply to or forward a copy of this message to the sender and delete the message, any
attachments, and any copies thereof from your system.