I have an instance of HttpClient which I think I'm experiencing a race condition with.

I make one GetMethod request to a resource, as I'm parsing the InputStream into xml, I'm also making secondary GetMethod requests to URI's that reside on the same host. During each secondary request, I properly close the InputStream and call method.releaseConnection() to return the connection to the pool.

Unfortunately, calling these methods seems to also close down the initial parent stream which should still contain content and be readable after the secondary connection is closed.

Should I be using the multithreaded HostConfiguration here?

-Mark

--
Mark Diggory
Software Developer