Bruce,
Chunk encoding is a feature introduced in the version 1.1 of the HTTP
specification. Older HTTP/1.0 proxies _may_ have various issues with
chunk-encoded content.

If iPlanet proxy is not HTTP/1.1 compliant, there's not much you can do.
I doubt that any special headers are required besides Transfer-Encoding
if the proxy is HTTP/1.1 compliant.

I believe Squid proxy, even though not being fully HTTP/1.1 compliant,
can handle chunk-encoded content. Please refer to the Squid resources
for a more definitive answer, though.

Oleg