Vim,

> 1. Managing worker threads.[H/W,OS and App Server configuration is the
> place to find solution]

Having a pool of worker threads instead of spawning a dedicated thread per request /
connection may well be a good investment for this kind of application. This is
something HttpClient will not be able to help you with, though.

> 2. Managing Connections between S1 and S2 is a second one..that's where
> I am baffled..as sun's raw implementation is not much of help to
> consider such load..

MultiThreadedConnectionManager does support connection pooling out of the box (so to
speak). You can fine-tune the behaviour of the MultiThreadedConnectionManager class by
defining the total maximum number of connections in the pool as well the maximum
number of connections per host.

For more details see
<http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/threading.html>

Hope this helps