Ortwin Glück wrote:

Mark R. Diggory wrote:

I can't come up with one beyond hardcoding Windows EOL's. I seldom use notepad and always reassign the "txt" extension over to Wordpad on Windows boxes. Though, this doesn't solve this problem really.

Isn't CVS supposed to provide the correct EOLs for the platform it runs on for text files? And you can always use vim in cygwin :-)

Ortwin Glück

Yes, but I think the subject is what does one do if the distribution is created on a linux box, but the user is working with it on a windows box? Should the release manager be responsible for making sure that thte zip's are built on a Windows machine while the tar balls are built on non-windows?

-Mark