From: Ortwin Glück [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 3:44 PM
To: Commons HttpClient Project
Subject: Re: [newbie] SSL

bagas wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am sorry let me rephrase my question.
> What I want to ask are
> 1. How do I check and approve a certificate sent by a web server in
> https request? So that I don't get error like :

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:sun.security.validator.ValidatorExce
> ption: No trusted certificate found.
>
> 2. Can a HttpClient uses a certificate so that it can be verified by a
> webserver that it trying to connect? If this can be done please give
me
> an example?
>
> Thank You.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rahmat Bagas Santoso

Please check out the SSL guide

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/sslguide.html

which should answer your questions.

As statet frequently on this list, HttpClient makes no assumptions about

the underlying SSL implementation. Please refer to the documentation of
your SSL implementation for further information.

For additional commands, e-mail: