From: Andrea Fabris [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, May 07, 2004 13:17
To: Commons HttpClient Project
Subject: Re: MultiThreadedConnectionManager based on commons pool

Thanks, Oleg.
I've just downloaded the 3.0 latest build, and i'll take a look at it
and how it solves the idle connection problem.

Right now, i need a way to use multithread with httpclient 2.0 (that is
stable), so i think i'll use the code i've sent (because, as you said,
the patch was applied to the 3.0 branch)

However, i see that it is very important to follow the EJB spec so
httpclient could be used in an EJB container (that is, my solution is
not compatible with EJB spec).
I would like to ask you something about it: are there some other points
(other than http pooling) where httpclient has to be rewritten to be
compatible with EJB spec?

Regards
Andrea

On 07/05/2004 12.53, Kalnichevski, Oleg wrote:
> Andrea,
>
> Both 2.0 & CVS HEAD nightlies are available
> <http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/downloads.html>.
>

> This may sound a bit harsh, but I _personally_ do not see 2.0 API worthwhile of any
> further development. As useful as it is HttpClient 2.0 API is fundamentally flawed
> in many ways. HttpClient 3.0 will resolve many of the known problems
> <http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-commons/httpclient/release_notes.txt?rev=1.21&view=markup>
>  and will render 2.0 completely obsolete. Again, this is just my personal (humble)
> opinion. As long as there's substantial interest in HttpClient 2.0, it will be
> supported. However, I do think all new development should take place in CVS HEAD.
>
> Oleg

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged.  Access
to this email by anyone other than the intended addressee is unauthorized.  If you are
not the intended recipient of this message, any review, disclosure, copying,
distribution, retention, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it
is prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
reply to or forward a copy of this message to the sender and delete the message, any
attachments, and any copies thereof from your system.