Thank you for your responses.

Actually, I can't do anything in the server side because it's managed by
an external service provider. I don't know what server are they running
but I'll try to find it.

I thought the problem was in the client side, but now I think I'll try
to ask them to solve the problem. Retrying the requests could be a
problem if the server really receives and processes them.

I'll tell you about this issue when I know new matters.

        Juan Pedro López

> I am seeing this exact same problem with 2.0rc1 as well.  A wget to the
> server from the same client works fine.  The httpclient wire log shows
> that I get a redirect and then the in waiting for the HTTP status line
> from the redirect, it never comes...
>
> What server are you running?
>
> -Eric
>

> Kalnichevski, Oleg wrote:
>
> > Juan,
> > Usually HttpClient reports 'unable to find line starting with "HTTP"' when the
> > target server drops the connection without returning any response. This can
> > happen, for instance, if the server is being under heavy load.
> >
> > (1) If you have access to the target server, examine the server logs to see why
> > the connection was dropped. Fixing the problem on the server side would be the best
> >
> > (2) Another possible solution to this problem _may_ be to retry the request,
> > provided that the POST methods your code is supposed to execute are idempotent. If
> > the server application, however, has been designed in a way that it may receive a
> > request, parse it, change the application state (by committing some data to the
> > data store, for instance) and then simply drop the connection without giving any
> > kind of response back to the client, you are in <strong>BIG</strong> trouble, as
> > simply retrying the same POST method case cause data inconsistency problems. So,
> > the best thing to do is to get in touch with the server guys and find out if it is
> > safe to retry POST methods.
> >
> > Hope this clarifies things a little
> >
> > Oleg

Juan Pedro López Sáez
ALTIRIA TIC, Soluciones en Servicios Móviles
Tlf: 913 311 198
Móvil: 610 258 837
www.altiria.com