I am using the following code:

HttpClient client = new HttpClient(connMgr);
client.setHostConfiguration(hostConfig);

PostMethod method = new PostMethod(tokenURL);
method.setQueryString( userModel.getQueryString() );
client.executeMethod(method);
byte[] responseBody = method.getResponseBody();

method.releaseConnection();

The response I get is : Request format is invalid: .

--------------
However, If I run the same query using the following code:

con.setRequestMethod("POST");
con.setDoOutput(true);
con.setDoInput(true);

OutputStreamWriter writer = new OutputStreamWriter(con.getOutputStream());
writer.write( userModel.getQueryString() );
writer.flush();
writer.close();

          InputStream resultStream = con.getInputStream();

BufferedReader reader = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(resultStream));

          StringBuffer aResponse = new StringBuffer();
          String aLine = reader.readLine();

while(aLine != null){
aResponse.append(aLine);
aLine = reader.readLine();
}
resultStream.close();
releaseConnection(con);
String retData = aResponse.toString();

I get the expected string as a response.

What I am doing wrong in using HttpClient? Any Idea?.

-Satya