Hi Neil,

My guess is that the lost connections are eventually GCed. The multi-threaded connection manager listens for GCed connections and decrements the count of created connections when this occurs. This feature is meant as a fail safe and should not be relied upon as garbage collection is by design sporadic and unreliable.

Mike