Manish Moorjani wrote:
Hi Mike,
Thanks for the quick response.
What I mean by partial response is as follows :

When I try accessing the url directly the application can do do things
1) Returns the response in one go
2) Keep on flushing after some data is fetched(say there are total 100 records, it
displays 100 records first still the other 900 are getting fetched)

How do I implement the option 2 using HttpClient, that is can I get some part of the response from the URL and display it on screen and then make a request for remaining part so that timeout doesnt take place.

Manish,

This is a server-side problem. You need to establish a custom protocol on top of HTTP to accomplish what you want. You could do it very simple and just use a custom HTTP header to tell your server that you want the data in chunks of a certain size:

Of course your server must interprete this header and send appropriate data that the client can handle.

On the client side you must not use HttpClients response buffering. So get the response as a stream from the HttpMethod.

HTH

Ortwin Glück

 NOSE applied intelligence ag

 software engineer