> Actually the new Preferences Architecture is quite neat and great if it all
> works. It is only the HostConfiguration that does not work and I would love
> to figure out why.

Vikram,
Basically it appears that (1) we assume it should work one way, (2)
whereas you assume it should work quite the other way around, (3) and on
top of that the Hostconfiguration code appears broken. ;-)

As soon as we all agree to how exactly things are supposed to work, I'll
fix the code and everything should go back to normal.

So, please bear with us for a while, and keep on giving us feedback.
I'll do my best to have the first take on the fix done by the end of the
day.

Cheers,