Hi Vijay,

Send timeout is not something that Java Sockets support natively, and as such has not been added to HttpClient. It would be possible to implement this kind of functionality but it would require a second thread to "poll" the executing thread. The HttpMethod.abort() method in HttpClient 3.0 could be particularly useful for this.

Do you have a particular use in mind?

Mike