Hello all,

I am running Tomcat 5.0.27 with Java 1.4.2 on my local machine (Debian
sarge). I have a Java webapp running on Tomcat, which outputs XML and I am
using Cocoon 2.1 to style the XML with a static XSLT stylesheet to generate
HTML.

I have managed to generate an bug which occurs about 80% of the time.

When I submit a form, cocoon generates one of a couple of errors:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: There is a problem with the URI:

<http://127.0.0.1:8080/Conference/GetConference?conferenceName=UbiComp%20200
5>
http://127.0.0.1:8080/Conference/GetConference?conferenceName=UbiComp%202005
:

org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpRecoverableException:

org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpRecoverableException: Error in parsing the
status line from the response: unable to find line starting with "HTTP"

or org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: There is a problem with the

URI:  <http://127.0.0.1:8080/Conference/AddDetails>
http://127.0.0.1:8080/Conference/AddDetails:

org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpRecoverableException:

java.net.SocketException: Socket closed

Trying to re-submit the same information sometimes displays the correct
results, sometimes generates an error.

I have enabled logging with log4j using the examples at
<http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/logging.html>
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/logging.html The only ouput
generated in the log file is:

- Recoverable exception caught when processing request

- Recoverable exception caught but MethodRetryHandler.retryMethod()

returned false, rethrowing exception

I have also tried my code on Tomcat 5.5 with Java 1.5 and get the exact same
results.

I am unable to locate any piece of my code that causes this error.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated,

Regards,

-Jeff Fern