On 10 February 2010 13:38, Eusebius <wikipe...@eusebius.fr> wrote:

> Author date of death is a needed (crucial) parameter as well.
> Of course it will not cover all cases (unless you want to add parameters
> saying stupid things such as whether the author died for France in wartime),
> but neither does PD-old.

Yeah, I omitted that because it wasn't in the original example :-)

{{copyright
|date=whenever
|author=NAME
|died=whenever
}}

- there's an awful lot of cases we could use, but I suppose the best
approach would be to construct it for only one jurisdiction and build
outwards from there.

The obvious source for the workflows here is something like the public
domain calculator projects -

http://wiki.okfn.org/PublicDomainCalculators

I don't know how practical this is to run in template-code, though.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.g...@dunelm.org.uk