Maarten,

That sounds like the most plausible answer to me to date. We know that sexual
images are among the most popular in Commons.

Some similar searches:

Underwater:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special%3ASearch&search=underwater&fulltext=Search

(The bondage image is not among the first 50 in Google with safe search off).

Jumping ball:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special%3ASearch&search=Jumping+ball&fulltext=Search

(That image is first in Google as well, even with strict safe search enabled.)

This is something the personal image filter would (in part) address. We could
also have a look at our search algorithm.

Andreas