Hi,

The FactoryCreateRule provides a basic framework for this sort of thing;
you would then need to write an ObjectCreationFactory that accesses the
digester stack and calls your method to create the object.

Alternatively, as Jared says, writing your own rule will do the trick.
Actually, a custom rule is probably simpler; FactoryCreateRule doesn't
do a whole lot.

Regards,

Simon