Borut Bolčina wrote:
Hi,

is it possible to retain commented entries and newlines when writing back some new entry in plain properties file?

-Borut

No, comments and formatting will be lost. There was some discussion about introducing a formatter class that handles these things, but nothing concrete yet. A reference can be found here (in one of the comments):

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CONFIGURATION-170

There was a thread on the developers list (I think) about this topic, too, but I can't find a link ATM.

Oliver