Henri Yandell wrote:
On 7/7/06, Dennis Lundberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Henri Yandell wrote:
> On 7/7/06, Dennis Lundberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Tarun Ramakrishna wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > The 1.1 POM for commons-logging-api seems to be missing from the
>> > central maven repository? Is there another place where this can be
>> > piced up from?
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Tarun
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The reason for this is that commons-logging-api is not a separate module
>> and does not have a pom of its own. You will have to make do with the
>> pom for commons-logging, which can be found in this directory:
>>
>> http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/commons-logging/commons-logging/1.1/
>
> ??? That seems a bit odd. There are many projects that create multiple
> jars and have a pom for each.

Yes, but those projects use a Maven feature for multi-projects.
Commons-logging does not build all its different jars using Maven.
Instead it uses Ant with a number of intricate includes and excludes.

Agreed this is not optimal, but commons-logging is not easy to mavenize
full out. The subject has come up before and discussions have agreed
upon letting this be until after 1.1 was pushed out. Perhaps something
suitable for a 2.0 release where the necessary refactorings can be made.

Any reason why we can't write a commons-logging-api pom by hand to be
deployed to ibiblio?

Well, if we find a good place for it in svn and keep it minimal I don't see why we couldn't. It would have to be handled completely manually though.

My guess is that the use case here is that they want to use commons-logging-api as a dependency in their (Maven 2 built) project, so they don't get all the transitive dependencies that the pom for commons-logging currently has in it.

--
Dennis Lundberg