Sorry guys for the long thread but I continue making
tests and posting the information I get from them. Now
I present an example in which a given error happens in
the onentry event of the second (after initial) state.
The error launch an event "app.error" that I handle in
the new state and in the initial state just to
demonstrate that the FSM executes the transition from
the initial state when it is in fact entering the
second state. Is this behavior correct? I would expect
a different behavior here (going to aIDDLE2HD_ERROR
instead of going to IDDLE_ERROR)
test scxml file
-----------------
<n:scxml version="1.0" initialstate="IDDLE"
xmlns:n="http://www.w3.org/2005/07/scxml";
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.w3.org/2005/07/scxml
http://apis.buongiorno.us/white_labels/xml/scxml.xsd";>
        <!-- first state uppon first inquire -->
        <n:state id="IDDLE">
                <n:transition event="HandsetDetectionReq"
target="aIDDLE2HD"/>
                <n:transition event="app.error"
target="IDDLE_ERROR"/>
        </n:state>
        <state id="aIDDLE2HD">
                <onentry>
                        <var name="dummy"
expr="HandsetDetectionReq.processError(12)"/>
                </onentry>
                <transition event="app.error"
target="aIDDLE2HD_ERROR"/>
        </state>
        <state id="IDDLE_ERROR">
        </state>
        <state id="aIDDLE2HD_ERROR">
        </state>
</n:scxml>

the logs:
--------
Jul 11, 2006 6:06:10 AM
org.apache.commons.scxml.SCXMLExecutor logState
INFO: Current States: [IDDLE]
Jul 11, 2006 6:06:42 AM
org.apache.commons.scxml.SCXMLExecutor logState
INFO: Current States: [IDDLE_ERROR]
Jul 11, 2006 6:06:45 AM
org.apache.commons.scxml.SCXMLExecutor logState
INFO: Current States: [aIDDLE2HD]

Thanks for any help,
Nestor

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-commons-user&m=114780510526564&w=2