Hi Marcus

I am using javaflow.
What I want to do is the following:
Call Continuation.suspend() from within a thread.
Transfer the Continuation object over the network
call Continuation.continueWith(..)

Cool

_but_: in order to let the thread work properly at another place
within the network, I want to update a few references within the
thread and to the thread (for the thread communication).

Well, I think I know what you are after. We had the same problem over in cocoon
land where we have a container and components that a continuation
might use. Here are a few rules:

o If you use a component manager: always release components before you
suspend a continuation. Containers cannot really cope with kind of
resource hoggin.

o If you have references the best way to pass them in is to use custom
context object that you pass into the continuation. This context has
to provide the references for the given environment it is supposed to
run in.

Is it possible to get access to the 'runnable object' within the
continuation object?

I am searching for something like:
Continuation.getRunnable();Runnable
which is null if there is nothing assigned.

Is something like this possible?

If not, will it be implemented?

I don't know if it is possible, to alter the continuation object,
_before_ it has been continued with Continuation.continueWith( ..),
but I think it should be possible to alter it after it has been
continued. I think, the method could return null or throw an
exception if it is called without a running thread.

Maybe have a look at the context first

cheers
--
Torsten