first try using public class Pojo, because if you don't put it the access is
protected o package. then you can try creating first a bean utils

BeanUtils util = new BeanUtils();

2006/7/14, will pugh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

I believe the problem here may be that class Zoo and class Pojo are not
declared public.

When BeanUtils tries to find an setter that is accessible to it, it
needs to check for a public method as well as a public class.

    --Will

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>i have two beans:
>
>1:
>class Zoo {
>
>       private String firstName = "Zoo1";
>
>       public String getFirstName() {
>               return firstName;
>       }
>       public void setFirstName(String firstName) {
>               this.firstName = firstName;
>       }
>}
>
>2:
>
>class Pojo {
>
>       private String firstName = "Pojo1";
>
>       public String getFirstName() {
>               return firstName;
>       }
>       public void setFirstName(String firstName) {
>               this.firstName = firstName;
>       }
>}
>
>and engine class is:
>
>import org.apache.commons.beanutils.BeanUtils;
>
>public class ZipcodeLookup {
>
>       public static void main(String[] args){
>
>               Pojo p = new Pojo();
>               Zoo z = new Zoo();
>               try {
>                       BeanUtils.copyProperties(z, p);
>                       String ss = new String("ssss");
>                       BeanUtils.setProperty(z, "firstName", ss);
>               } catch (Exception e) {
>                       System.out.println("ex... "+e.toString());
>               }
>
>               System.out.println("Zip: "+z.getFirstName());
>               System.out.println("Pojo: "+p.getFirstName());
>
>       }
>
> }
>
>when it executes this line:
>BeanUtils.copyProperties(z, p);
>it does noting, its not copying the properties to z,
>
>and when it executes this line
>
>String ss = new String("ssss");
>BeanUtils.setProperty(z, "firstName", ss);
>
>it dies by saying java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: Cannot set
firstName

>see log:
>[20060714 17:46:23] DEBUG BeanUtils : BeanUtils.copyProperties(
[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED])
>[20060714 17:46:23] DEBUG BeanUtils :   setProperty([EMAIL PROTECTED],
firstName, ssss)
>[20060714 17:46:23] DEBUG ConvertUtils : Convert string 'ssss' to class '
java.lang.String'
>[20060714 17:46:23] DEBUG ConvertUtils :   Using converter
[EMAIL PROTECTED]