At worst the core's try/catch should help you, or ?
Feel free to suggest added tags such as "tableAvailable" or "dbMetadata" or...
paul

Karr, David wrote:
I'm guessing the primary commons-user answerers are in a very different
time zone, so I guess I'm going to burst out a bunch of questions,
instead of waiting for answers for each one.

In my Jelly SQL script, I'm going to need to drop and recreate a set of
tables.  In order for this to work, it has to deal with any variation of
those tables existing or not.  For instance, if the table doesn't exist,
dropping the table will fail in some way, so I'll need to be able to
ignore the error, perhaps.  If I did this with plain sql tasks in Ant,
it will just fail the Ant script if the drop fails, and I don't see how
to get back info into the Ant script indicating whether the table exists
or not.

Is this feasible in Jelly SQL?