I could make a public "suspend()" method within the thread that calls
"Continuation.suspend();", but the problem is that the second user
just gets a continuation object and has no reference to the actual
thread.

Please note that you don't really need to make it "public" as
Continuation.suspend() is a public static method. All that matters to
the state of the continuation is kept in thread locals ...which is
also why you cannot really have another thread like that inside a
flow.

Synchronization problems aside I remember I was playing with that and
had it working to some extend - I'll try to dig that out. But I would
not want to synchronize the methods just to support something that
somehow just feels ...wrong.

Maybe explain your usecase...

cheers
--