There are about 1000 examples of this using PHP.  Not knowing PHP, I would
assume that the logic is the same, so that might be a good place to start.

On 8/2/06, Henri Yandell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 7/23/06, Jürgen Hoffmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to implement commons-fileiupload inside my application. My
> Application uses the Turbine Framework, which provides a convenient
wrapper
> around commons-fileupload.
>
> Now to my case. I want to display the user a file upload statistics
screen
> using AJAX. Which means I need to access the sp far temporarily stored
bytes
> within parseRequest(..). Is it possible to retrieve:
>
> 1. the Total Bytes of the complete File
> 2. How much of the file has been uploaded so far

Hi Jürgen,

I'm not a FileUpload expert, but I think being able to support
progress bars is one of the things planned in FileUpload 2.0. SO the
answer here would be that the above isn't possible with the current
API.

Hen