Hi,
I use Betwixt to create Xml documents for my Ajax app.
The IE now tells me that there are invalid characters (I guess it is the
"&amp;").
So how can I tell the Writer to escape certain characters?
I saw that there are some strategies but no default implementation. How
should such a strategy look like?

I haven't actually used betwixt, but there is a base
MixedContentEncodingStrategy where all you have to do is indicate
whether a specific element should be encoded as CDATA or escaped:
  http://tinyurl.com/create.php

That base class uses the XMLUtils in betwixt:
  http://tinyurl.com/ewxgy

Commons Lang also has a function for escaping XML - so maybe you could
use that to create an implementation:

  http://tinyurl.com/jd85z

Niall

Thanks alot!